Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fab Flea Market Finds (and Sewing Machines Galore)



What fun I had at the flea market today with my friend Johanna!

It was an absolutely gorgeous day -- all the flowering trees in full bloom.



I love a big table covered with junk (no jokes about my apartment, please).  You never know what you'll find.





That baby looks VERY familiar.

Naturally, it was all I could do not to check out the vintage eyeglass frames, but I held strong.   (Johanna's actually sporting a pair of Warby Parkers.)



We saw many sewing machines -- they show up more frequently in the warmer months for some reason.

This toy Brother actually takes batteries, though it also has a hand crank. 



This Featherweight was $200 (accessories included) -- a very fair price but not the bargain of the century.



Here's a Singer 328, an early zigzagger that takes embroidery cams.



There were some more modern machines too.  Not tempted at all.  (Would you be?)





Among the other "collectibles" to be had: a vintage Motorola portable record player.



Rusty irons.



A groovy rotating nun music box that plays Schubert's Ave Maria.



A pair of fully-rooted mannequin heads.



A vintage lunch box overflowing with Sixties-era Barbie clothes.



And so much more!

















Best of all, readers, is that I bought....nothing!  (Correction: I picked up two CDs for $2 each: Baby Jane Dexter and Karen Akers -- almost nothing.)

I hope your weekend has been a pleasant one.  We have a big week ahead, so get plenty of rest if you can.

Happy Sunday, everybody!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar