Finished 3 more stands of Norman archers yesterday, completing the four-stand unit. Here they are skirmishing from the wood line.
Again, I tried to make them look at least a little "un-uniform" with some with helmets (one with a leather helmet!), some bare headed, some with hoods, some with mail armor, some with leather armor, etc. Evidently there was a cap that was popular (the guy with the orange head wear) that I just made with a strip of paper in a circle around the head and a small bead split in half. I think he looks a little "Baltic Sea area" in appearance, but that's okay with me.
Here are a couple of close ups of all the stands.
And finally here is a shot of a 2 x 2 stand configuration which would be used in many rule sets, including Neil Thomas's Ancient and Medieval Warfare rules.
With simpler figures like these, they always look better to me en-mass than individually.
Next up, three more stands of Norman infantry to complete that unit!

0 Yorumlar