Last week for Short Story Wednesday, George Kelley featured a collection of stories by Edward D. Hoch, Funeral in the Fog, which contains 16 Simon Ark mysteries. George's post has an overview of the book and Hoch's short stories, and lists the Table of Contents. The book has an introduction by Gigi Pandian, who describes Simon Ark as an occult detective, "drawn to mysteries that seem to have a supernatural explanation."
On the same day, after reading George's post, I ordered a copy of Funeral in the Fog and another collection of Hoch's stories, Hoch's Ladies, both published by Crippen & Landru. Hoch's Ladies includes stories about three female sleuths: Susan Holt, a department store manager; Libby Knowles, a professional bodyguard; and Annie Sears, a police detective. If you are interested in more information, there are reviews at In Search of the Classic Mystery Novel and George Kelly's blog.
I have not read the stories in either of these books yet but I will be sampling from both of them soon.




0 Yorumlar