I have so many little things to chat about today that you are in for a mish-mash of a post. Is mish-mash even a word? Well if it isn't I now declare it to be one!
First on the list is a big thank you for all of your kind thoughts for my son. Leave it to blogger friends to always make you feel better. He LOVED Ohio State. If there was a bigger word to use than love, I think that is how he felt. The Head Coach was, "the nicest man I have ever met." A direct quote I heard twice and was texted to me once. The swimmers were really a great group of guys. There is no hazing, which I like and apparently they act like a family, there for each other all the time. He loved the campus, the football game, the weather, (we'll see about that during the winter months). Well he just loved everything. So lets hope they loved him, too.
On the knitting/crochet front there is not a lot of news. I have been crunched for time, finding that many days I do not even have time to knit or crochet a row. How sad is that? Above you will see my second attempt at the Rustic Autumn Shawl from Knit Purl Girl. The KAL is over but the pattern remains a beauty. I am making this out of Red Heart Yarn Boutique Treasure. Made from 70% Acrylic and 30% Wool. Purchased at JoAnn's Fabric and Crafts. The yarn is very lovely and a lot lighter than the pictures portray. These were taken early this morning with a limited amount of available light.
This one is a little better but still not prefect. I am about a third of the way completed. I think I will make this for my son's swim coach for Christmas. What do you think?
As for my youngest we have stalled on the blanket at about 22 inches. I have pretty much stalled on everything yarn wise so it is not the blankets fault. I am on my eighth skein of yarn, I am sure this blanket is a bit of a black hole as far as yarn goes. It just keeps sucking up the yarn, without making a big dent in the length. I just keep thinking ,"coupons" and I can take a deep breath.
We are about to start a kitchen renovation that I just found out last night will be put off until October 4. Okay this is the second delay and I am getting a bit mad. I took today off work to help pack things up. I know a free day sounds glorious, but now it will be filled with paperwork and a little packing.
If you are into reading do I have the book for you. Roses by Leila Meacham. Very engrossing, epic tale of a family in Texas. I am hooked and I have to say I haven't been hooked on a book since The Help. I am scheming ways to get a bit of reading time. I downloaded the Nook app on my new phone so I have been reading on my phone while waiting for my son in his Doctor and Orthodontic appointments. Very fun. If I could be reading it right now while typing this post I would.
My Mom is still not doing well, and it is taking its toll on all of us in the family, well most of us but that is for another post. Once again I have to say that this is such a tough time of life. My kids are in the throws of puberty, I am a menopausal mess, my Mom and Dad are failing, each in their own way, and frankly my husband is trying to figure all this wackiness out.
Hope you all are having a great day and you didn't mind my mish-mash post.

0 Yorumlar