In exactly one week, a non-fiction book I wrote will be released by a major New York publishing house. This book falls within an extremely popular genre of non-fiction. It already has a pretty high Amazon ranking, and there's an honest-to-God promotional budget and media blitz behind it.
Thing is, my name won't be on it.
Yep, it's a book I ghostwrote.
All told, the outlining and interviewing and writing and editing took me about a year, during which time I was also teaching. Multiple plane trips were involved, as were countless audio cassette tapes. It was also fun, and allowed me to stretch literary muscles I hadn't used in quite a while. And I don't mind not having my name on it, because it doesn't really fit into my usual genres (crime and vice).
Why do I bring this up? Why, because it gives me the chance to do a... Secret Dead Blog Contest!
If you can guess the title of the book I ghostwrote, you'll win a signed copy of said book and a signed ARC of The Wheelman when it's available later this summer.
Two rules:
1. David Hale Smith and Allan Guthrie are not allowed to enter. And they are not allowed to help you.
2. You can ask for hints in the backblog, but I am not required to give answers.
First person who nails it wins. Good luck.
UPDATE (11:00 a.m. EST): Okay, time for a hint. The last name of the author--the name on the book, not me--kind of sounds like an Elmore Leonard novel title.
UPDATE (5:30 p.m. EST): One final hint: the author of this book and Arnold Schwarzenegger have a title in common. Multiple titles, in fact. Guessing ends at midnight tonight.

0 Yorumlar