Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

"Geek Chic" Goggles and a Bungalow Style Weekend

Weekends see me getting up later and lazing about in my robe longer
savouring the slow pace
listening to the sounds of the clocks chiming in the bungalow
as life ticks along...

Breakfast usually turns into brunch
with a light snack to follow later in the afternoon
before a hearty dinner of roast chicken or roast beef.



One skillet
brunch for two.

I had a play day and went thrift shopping with my daughter and BFF.
I found a butter dish in our everyday Maxwell Williams pattern






 a large vintage English Johnson ironstone bowl
which will be fabulous for pasta, salad or fruit.

I picked up my new glasses
  "Geek Chic goggles"
(can you say investment glasses?)

I don't know if they are chic
  they definitely are GEEK!

I love them especially with my bright red Chanel lipgloss.
At my age I feel that I have earned the right to push the envelope...


I can see so much better now...
gosh 
it's been 3 years since my last prescription 
words were getting blurry, very distorted and wobbly.

If things get much worse I might need to get a seeing eye dog...
a Golden of course!


A Canadian band
who played at my high school...
there's a bit of a story...
I played the flute
and backstage my BFF and I met the band
we got autographs
the flute of Burton Cummings jumped into my hand 
and he indulged me
and listened
a very nervous girl
who was somewhat awestruck
played a few notes 
before their concert 
 my BFF and I were in the front row!

I have been cruising the internet for their songs...
check this out...
Bruce Springsteen
He's going to be touring soon
I hope I can be there!


Have a fabulous weekend

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar