My posture’s been slipping in and out of alignment.
It doesn’t seem to be happening at work – which is to say I don’t believe anyone’s caught me yet – but I think it’s possible you could walk in on me slouched in a chair, perhaps slack-jawed, at home.
I hate to count the times I’ve found myself, lost in thought, looking just like that lately.
What? I was too lost in thought!
It doesn’t take long to go a bit soft, does it? I mean, I don’t know where I’ve been lately – it’s as if I’ve just woken up! – but suddenly I seem to be almost fifteen pounds heavier. Fifteen pounds. For cryin’ out loud, I’m gonna go up a size here, people!
I can’t afford that!
And not only am I hunchbacked, vacant-eyed, and doughy, but I’ve apparently opted for slug-like as well. I could even be described as “phlegmatic”. In the last month, I’ve grown crankier, lazier, heavier. Shoulders down, back bowed, I’ve recently found myself walking along, looking at the ground.
Me. The woman of whom it was once said, “she has lovely posture”.
Then again, I have found quite a bit of change.
So maybe there are some positive aspects. But no. This is serious. And now that I’m on to me?
I gotta sit up straight. I gotta find my spine again.
Shoot. Now I have to do something.

0 Yorumlar