Today was busy with art - so I did not get a chance to post this morning. My driveway was so muddy from last night's rain that I worried about having art. I told my art students that they came at their own risk today. The "old ladies" got here fine, but one lady got stuck on her way out Being a farm girl, she managed to rock her truck back and forth until she got enough traction to plow her way out. In the afternoon when the "young ladies" showed up, one girl bogged down. So I sent one of the farm girls out to get her. By late afternoon, the howling winds had dried up the driveway somewhat so that everyone was able to get out without any more problems. It made for some excitement, but I could live without the 40 MPH winds.
After supper, the dogs started barking. The neighbor's dog was visiting and he seemed to be chasing something. I looked out the window in time to see that the horses were out and roaming the pasture. The neighbor's dog thought this was quite a lark. Then Zoe, the Great Dane, thought she would get in on the fun, but she has a little more discipline and came when I called her. Jesse and I put her in the house for safe keeping while we penned and fixed the fence to keep the horses in their place. They become as excited as the dogs when they think they have gotten away with something. It kind of makes for a rodeo.
You know, that was not what I was going to blog about today, but it was the highlight of the day. I was going to tell you about Dalton, one of my younger male art students. He read my blog and asked me why I never mentioned him. I probably have mentioned him, but it has been a while. Dalton is a gentle giant. I think he is about 16. He is at least 6'3" if not taller. Most boys that age would be skinny, but Dalton is a big boy - not fat, just a big boy and growing. His dream is to some day be a senator or public servant of that sort. He would like to go to the Naval Academy. Right now he is working on his Eagle Scout badge by getting a memorial to the Middle East Soldier's put in the local park. He is a really good kid. When he is at art, I tease him and pick on him because he is such a good sport laughing and giving back as well as he takes it. He is not the best artist, but he does enjoy himself, and brings lots of fun and joy to the group. There, Dalton, I mentioned you in my blog. Don't give me any flack.

0 Yorumlar