I posted about this area where there is an archway.......
in a wonderful part of the grounds........
but very over grown
I spent a good part of last summer clearing the ground
and making decorative cement path stones
to create a floor for this space.
Now the space if finished.......I also added a bench and a couple of chairs.........
great for a gathering to chat and to sip coffee.
The floor is a mix match of cement path stones that I decorated with rocks and pine cones gathered here on the grounds and a few decorative glass stones given to me by a friend.
As fun as the path stones were to make.........they took a long time and a lot of work........and a lot of cement to make enough.
I made several cement pumpkins......and used real pumpkin leaves from my patch as molds for the
large cement leaves in the photo above.
I also pressed real leaves into some of the cement stones.
I made a cement watering dish to encourage birds, lizards and any wild creature to stop for a drink
Since the path stones are all different shapes.........there are gaps between them.......
which I filled with various rocks I picked up here and there on the grounds.
It is a wonderful place with a wonderful view
and I often have company when I come to sit out in the early morning.....
where there is Sophie........there is usually always Homer.
It is also a wonderful place in the very late afternoon........
right before it gets dark and the moon is on the rise
Homer says it all in this photo doesn't he?
How about you? Do you have a special place in your garden......or porch.....
where you like to spend the quiet of the day?
I would love to hear!

0 Yorumlar